Grant Applications have now closed.
The Commissioner’s mandate is to improve the lives of South Australian children and young people. At the core of this work is creating opportunities for children and young people to have a say on issues that affect them and for their views to be heard and taken seriously.
A key part of this work is collaborating with likeminded community groups committed to exploring and supporting mechanisms that embed UNCRC principles in their work. This includes inviting input from children and young people into the design, variety and type of services and support provided to ensure it remains relevant to their needs.
If you are a local government or not-for-profit entity that meets the eligibility criteria set out below and can demonstrate your commitment to including children and young people in decision making, the Commissioner invites you to apply for a small grant to facilitate this input through conversations, discussions, forums or focus groups that will help inform specific areas of your work.
The financial support can be used to pay for costs associated with the meeting, including attendance costs, venue hire or administration of the process.
The Commissioner’s Community Conversation Grant is available for local government and not-for-profit service providers based in South Australia that:
- have appropriate legal structures and are community based
- have appropriate child safe policies and practices in place
- use the financial support directly for the purpose intended; and
- seek to work collaboratively with the Commissioner for Children and Young People SA on issues of relevance to her work in addressing systemic issues that if addressed will improve the quality of children and young peoples lives.
Recipients of the Commissioner’s Community Conversation Grant will be asked to agree to the following:
- Undertake conversations, discussions, forums or focus groups with children and young people in their local community to inform the work they undertake to ensure it includes children and young people’s ideas, opinions and voice.
- Broker conversations between children and young people and the Commissioner to inform her ongoing advocacy agenda.
To find out more about the Commissioner’s Agenda click here
Applications closed on Monday 10 May, 2021.
Applications are now being assessed by the Commissioner with grant funds to be distributed to successful applicants by end of May/early June. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
Thank you for your patience while assessments are being undertaken.
Please note the Commissioner’s decision is final. Limited grant funding is available.